Welcome to the Orland Otters swim page!
There's nothing hotter than being an otter!
The Orland Otters would like to welcome you and your family and thank you for being part of our program. We are very excited about the upcoming season. It will be filled with new experiences, friendships, and success! Through your support, each Orland Otter swimmer will have the opportunity to move forward in his or her "Pursuit of Excellence."
The Orland Otter Swim Team is an organization providing a multi-level competitive swim program. We are sanctioned by USA Swimming, Inc., and we train and abide by the laws of this organization. We belong to the North Valley Aquatic League (NVAL) as part of Sierra Nevada Swimming.
Season at a Glance
- 4/22/23: 12-4 p.m. In Person Sign Ups at Farm Bureau Building
- 5/15/23 - 5/18/23: 3:30 Practice begins for returning swimmers only.
- 5/17/23: 5:00 New Swimmer Assessment & IN PERSON REGISTRATION til 6:00
- 5/22/23 - 5/25/23: 3:30 Practice for returning swimmers
- 5/23/23: 4:30 New Swimmer Assessment
- 5/24/23: NO PRACTICE - Private pool party
- 5/29/23: NO PRACTICE - HOLIDAY
- 5/30-6/2/23: Returning Swimmer Practice
- 5/31/23: New Swimmer Assessment 5:00
- 6/5/23 - 6/9/23 Returning Swimmer Practice
- 6/7/23: 5:00 New Swimmer Assessment
- 6/12 Morning Practice Starts. Times TBD
- 6/12 7:00 p.m. Lawn Meeting and Stroke & Turn Practice (whites & above)
- 6/14 6:00 p.m. Blue and White Otters Meet
- 6/19 7:00 p.m. Otter-A-Thon
- 6/21 6:00 p.m. Dual Meet vs Colusa @ Orland
- 6/23-6/25 - Durham Dolphin Invitational
- 6/26 7:00 pm - Lawn Meeting and Stroke & Turn Practice (Whites & above)
- 6/28-7/4 - Fireworks Booth Fundraiser (double parent hours)
- 7/3 - 7:00pm - Lawn Meeting and Stroke & Turn Practice (Whites & above)
- 7/4 - NO PRACTICE
- 7/7 - Friday Invitational set up (double parent hours)
- 7/8-7/9 - OTTER SPACE ORLAND INVITATIONAL
- 7/10 - Lawn Meeting and Stroke & Turn Practice (Whites & above)
- 7/12 - 6:00pm Dual meet vs. Oroville in Orland
- 7/15-7/16 - Plumas Invitational
- 7/17 - Lawn Meeting and Stroke & Turn Practice (Whites & above)
- 7/19 - 6:00pm Dual meet @ Gridley
- 7/21 - Last day of regular practice
- 7/24-7/28 - NVAL swimmers only practice
- 7/26 - 6:00pm NVAL Carb load dinner
- 7/27 - Breakfast for NVAL swimmers
- 7/28-7/30 - NVALS at Redding Aquatic Center
- 8/2 - 6:00pm End of season banquet and 7:30pm family pool party