Monday Memo 7/3
1. LAWN MEETING 7/3/23 @7pm in front of the pool! This meeting we will be going over our checklist of things to do and items needed for our Otter Space Invitational this upcoming weekend. Please join us to see if you may be able to assist in something like:
(1) donating fresh fruit for our refreshing fruit salad
(2) pick up a case of water bottles to keep all the volunteers hydrated this long hot weekend
(3) help craft some "Otter Space" decorations to class up the pool in our theme. Anyone know how to make a cardboard space ship??
(4) get some parent hours for the unfilled shifts in SwimTopia
Ms. Katelyn Lemmon (Mini group Mom) has Otters in Rocket Ships and planet coloring pages for your swimmer to decorate to put up at our Invitational!
Stroke & Turn Practice Monday night at 7pm for Whites, Blue, & Seniors and even some Minis/Reds were invited last week!
2. FIREWORKS BOOTH - Please be aware of counterfeit $100 bills that people are taking to multiple booths. We are expecting to be very busy the next 3 days and still have open shifts for: Sun 7/2 - 3-6PM & Tue 7/4 - 3-6PM & 6-9PM. Please call and text Brandy for any fireworks booth questions/issues.
BRANDY THORPE Cell: 530-936-4109
3. OTTER O THON: There is a slip in your family folders to confirm T shirt size and custom writing for the Otter O Thon awards, which we ask you to fill out and place in the manila folder. All money should have been turned in to a board member by 7/1/23, we do accept Venmo @Orland-Otters, but if you still have cash/checks to turn in then MONDAY 7/3 is the day to make that happen so we can order and customize the shirts in time for our banquet 8/2/23.
4. NO PRACTICE for the 4th of July holiday this Tuesday. Please be safe with your families as we celebrate to commemorate our freedom and continue to be valued members of our nation.
5. NEXT DUAL MEET 7/12/23 is our LAST HOME meet and will actually be a tri-meet (again) against Oroville and Willows. The board has been working around the clock to incorporate a new software called Meet Maestro to keep track of your swimmer's time and work on seeding the swimmers for all 3 teams. Please sign up your swimmer as attending and then pick just TWO events plus the IM, then click SAVE to sign up. Our last dual will be away in Gridley 7/19/23.
6. OTTER SPACE INVITATIONAL July 8 & 9 - We sure hope all 81 swimmers who registered for the Invitational have also signed up family members to volunteer JOBS on Swimtopia so we can efficiently set up, run, and take down this maxed out phenomenal meet with 21 different cities demonstrating our good old fashioned ORLAND hospitality.
7. PLUMAS RAPIDS INVITATIONAL in Quincy on 7/15 & 7/16 is our last team invitational before NVALS. Please sign up on ome.swimconnection.com/meets if you would like to attend this super fun away meet! Camping spots are filling up fast, there were no more RV sites available at the Pioneer Campground and just a handful of hotel spots left.
8. NVALS are in Redding 7/28-7/30. If you are booking rooms, the NVAL Championships Rate at Red Lion hotel starts at $169.00 + tax, breakfast included up to 4. Discount available July 28-30, 2023 Group Code: NVAL0723 Click here for booking link (https://be.synxis.com/?adult=1&arrive=2023-07-27&chain=13325&child=0¤cy=USD&depart=2023-07-30&group=NVAL0723&hotel=37046&level=hotel&locale=en-US&rooms=1
9. OTTER TRIVIA - What is Assistant Coach Ali's favorite food? Each group will have a chance for 1 person to win a Dutch Bros gift card if they are able to answer this trivia question correctly, if called upon! (Hint, have your swimmer read COACH BIOS in SwimTopia!)